Mission and Ethos
Here at St Lawrence the staff and governors aim to nurture our children in a safe, happy and inspiring learning environment. In our caring Christian community we work to ensure that every child will know they are wonderfully made; known and valued by God.
In our Christian school there is a generosity with time, support and care which comes from a community committed to going above and beyond the call of duty.
Our school aims to encourage all our children to become independent, honest, resilient, caring, self-motivated learners. Our core belief is that because each child is created in the image of God, we will provide the best we can for each one of them. Our goals are to:
- Maintain a Christian ethos in which each member of the school community feels secure, valued and loved.
- Provide an environment which supports each child to develop academically, physically, socially and spiritually.
- Offer a relevant curriculum matched to the needs and interests of the children and within the expectations of the national curriculum.
- Develop in each child a love of learning and community to sustain them throughout their lives.
- Create a caring community for those of the Christian faith, of other faiths or of none.
Faith, Hope and Love …Corinthians 13:13