We are reaching for the stars!
Welcome to Year 4's page
Miss Temple is the class teacher and Miss Lesser is the Teaching Assistant working with the class.
We are a hardworking class who enjoy going on learning adventures.
This half term we will be learning about the Romans, powering it up and building electric circuits in science and going through the wardrobe in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. In our guided reading, we will be meeting Varjak Paw and questioning why he is a very special cat!!
Each child in the class has a ukulele for the year and they are excited to be learning to play this beautiful instrument in our weekly music lessons.
Work of the Week
Our work of the week for Math goes to Izzy, for her super reasoning and written explanations!
Our work of the week for English goes to Kitty for a beautifully written pink write!
Here is a copy of our weekly timetable:
Long Term Plan
Here is a copy of our long term planner so that you can see what is coming up for the rest of the year:
This half term we will be swimming Tuesday.
On Thursday afternoons, we will be practising and learning new football skills and cross country skills.
Please make sure that your children have their kit in school!
All homework will be set on Monday and the children will have until the end of Sunday to complete their given tasks.
Here is our weekly homework schedule:
- complete the weekly task set
- 1000 points to be achieved each week, to be achieved after the completion of the weekly focus areas task set
Times Table Rockstars will not be set until later this half term.
- Times tables task to be completed each week.
- A weekly test on Monday following our year 4 spelling programme.
- Your children should read every night. Please hear your child read at least once a week for 20 minutes and sign in their homework diaries. Reading plays such an important role in your child’s learning and is needed in every aspect in order to help them progress to their full potential.
- To support your child’s learning about our topic, please see our homework challenge grid. They can pick a challenge from the table and earn house points when they have completed an activity. See below soon
Please make sure that your child brings in their reading book every day