As a school we aim to develop a love of reading. We are often asked for book lists and hope that those linked to here are helpful.
The UK's favourite books from the top 100 list, how many have you read?
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J K Rowling
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The BFG by Roald Dahl, illustrated by Quentin Blake
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A A Milne, illustrated by E H Shepherd
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J R R Tolkien
- Charlotte's Web by E B White
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C S Lewis
Follow the links below for best books for-
This is another list which was shared in various newspapers-
The Times Educational Supplement (TES) came up with this list.
Please remember that there are many many more books in libraries, your own home, school and booksellers. Suggest books that you enjoyed as a child or ask other children for their recommendations. Keep checking this page for updates as we have plans to get guests to add their own book lists.